Fun from Home
No matter who you are or where you live, it's likely that work, school, and leisure activities have been shifted to the home. "Cabin fever" can quickly set in. Here are a few ideas which can be good for both kids AND adults. Check in often for more ideas!
1) Dance Party!!
Music and Movement do wonders for our souls. It supports our attention, flexibility, emotional control, and more! Turn those favorite "car" songs into a full on dance party!
Here are some of MY favorites to get you started:
* Michael Franti: I'm Alive
* Michael Franti: My Lord
* Tom Petty: Free Fallin'
* The Proclaimers: I'm Gonna Be (500 miles)
2) Neighborhood Scavenger Hunt
Fresh air, sunshine, and purpose! See if you can find the following things as you walk through your neighborhood OR create your own list.
* A spring flower breaking through
* A squirrel enjoying a snack
* Someone being nice
* Cracks in the sidewalk that make a great jumping path
* A cat in a window
* A dog playing ball
Consider creating a challenging list by finding groups of items in increasing amounts:
* 1 Fire hydrant
* 2 Birds
* 3 Flower pots
* 4 windows
* and so on.....
Consider incorporating concepts related to your child's schoolwork:
* Choose one house per block and add the house numbers together.
For example, house number 5632 becomes 5+6+3+2=16)
3) Vision Board
Find inspiration hidden among the pages of those old magazines and catalogs,
* Select a background for your vision board (paper, cardboard from a cereal box, etc.)
* Tear or cut out any words or images that catch your attention as you flip the magazine and catalog pages
* Place your favorite images and words onto the background until you feel peaceful and inspired when you look at it
* Secure the words and image in place with glue
* Place your vision board in a location where you can easily and frequently see it